The Wellness Farm Pool, Inc.
FOR NEW AND RETURNING MEMBERS
First, welcome to The Wellness Farm Pool, Inc. You have come highly recommended by your sponsoring family. Therefore, we know that you will be a good “fit” with the wonderful families that have been members for years. Even though some of this information may have come to you via your sponsoring family, we wanted to make sure you were made aware of information to make your visits more enjoyable. The Wellness Farm Pool, Inc. is a private limited- access membership facility. Each family has been sponsored by a member family. It is not a “public” pool and we expect all members to read and follow the rules. We encourage our members to go the extra mile beyond civility to graciousness. Any assistance in helping to maintain a safe, clean, healthy, congenial family environment is greatly appreciated.
- Parking is available just past the red barn facing in toward the pine trees. Please respect the space reserved for getting the tractor in and out of the barn. If this parking area should fill, there is additional parking available in the woods just past the pine trees. Special events overflow parking is available on baseball field via Beaver Pond Court.
- Please do not park on the shoulder of the road. We have a no-wheels-on-the road agreement with the township.
- Parking is prohibited on the opposite side of the street; please do not use the neighbor’s driveway to make U-turns.
- We ask that you sign-in when you first arrive at the pool. Simply find the family name on the clipboard and put the number of pool family members under the appropriate day of the week. If guests come with you use a + sign and the number of guests.
- All guests must sign a guest release form (signed and dated by the responsible adult).
- The boys’ bathroom is just up the ramp; the ladies’ bathroom is up the stairs. Please let the lifeguards know if the bath houses need maintenance - toilet paper, soap, etc.
- Tables, chairs, canopy swings are available for anyone’s use; however, we ask that these limited resources (on busy days) be shared with others after about 90 minutes of usage.
- You may bring your own chairs and lounge chairs, floats, tubes, etc. and store them in the corn crib. The Wellness Farm Pool, Inc. is not responsible for your equipment and we cannot guarantee they won’t be used by others. We ask that you take all personal belongings home at the end of the season. Lost and Found items are placed in a basket on the landing to the girls’ room.
- Grills and utensils are available for membership use. Please wash and replace utensils after use and clean the grill. We sell pre-packaged snacks and drinks. Since we are The Wellness Farm Pool, we are moving to somewhat healthier fare, rather than just junk food. We occasionally offer freezer treats -- ice cream bars and sandwiches, popsicles and a variety of other frozen treats. Members are not permitted to use the “temperamental” refrigerator/freezers without specific permission from Jack or Bev. Please respect our request.
- During appropriate times of the pool season we will have fresh produce available for sale or pick-your-own. (e-mail notices will be sent out through a distribution list)
- Our preferred methods of communication are face to face or email. Please update new e-mail addresses.
- Swim lessons occur for two weeks in July (when the water warms up). We offer classes for 3 year olds and up in both the mornings and evenings (and for adults at selected times during the summer, after hours for more privacy). Lifeguards give private swim lessons, too.
- Water aerobic classes will be offered in July and August during non-swim-lesson weeks on T/Th evenings; classes are $20 for the season to member families; or $2/session; non-member guests $3/session.
- We desire to run a safe, clean, healthy, happy, beautiful facility at The Wellness Farm Pool, Inc. If this is not the case, please let us know how we can achieve that end.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not enter the pool with make-up and/or skin and hair products on that will wash off in the pool. The filtration system can easily become clogged causing the pool water to become cloudy. Also, scum forms on the pool surface and tiles, requiring additional chemicals to rid the pool of these residues. Please apply sun block at home. During the drive to the pool it will have time to soak-in and become more effective. Most sun block products recommend delaying water entry 15-20 minutes. Otherwise, the sun block rinses-off into the pool becoming ineffective and providing little sun-block protection. This, in turn, stresses the filtration system – clouding the water! Research suggests that the aerosol propellant sun-block sprays do the most damage to the pools. Help protect the children and the pool equipment!
- Bev firstname.lastname@example.org handles the swim lessons, pool parties and membership/waiting list arrangements.
- Jack email@example.com handles the pool maintenance, pool chemistry, safe environment, repairs lifeguard issues and most complaints. If you have questions…. ASK. Because: “If you don’t A-S-K – you won’t G-E-T.”